When I started on this internet marketing journey, I had big dreams of it becoming a business that would provide enough ongoing income for me to enjoy my current lifestyle and grow my wealth. I saw it as a way of replacing my present income stream and providing a true mobile business that I could run from anywhere in the world.
Now this is still my dream and I’m determined to get there, but there is no magic button to instantly make it happen.
I’ve been in business long enough to know that I have to start at a point and set up little goals that I can attain relatively quickly. This provides me the opportunity to achieve little wins which increase my excitement and motivation to forge ahead towards those bigger goals and dreams.
So my first goal was to simply make money online. Any amount was fine. A single dollar would have been enough reason to ‘pop the champaigne’. I was blessed to achieve this goal only 3 days after setting everything up. It was only $7, but it was a BIG win.
My next goal was to earn $100 online in a single day. One of my future goals is to consistently earn $100 a day, but for now, just earning $100 in a single day would be awesome.
I achieved this goal yesterday! …Goofy ear-to-ear smile…jumping off the couch…bent leg cartwheel…sudden back pain…and that’s probably enough excitement for one day!
I know $100 isn’t financial freedom, but it certainly is enough to get me super excited about the fact that what I’m doing is producing results and has the potential to grow into something big. Did I mention that it’s only been about 3 weeks since I achieved my first goal of earning a single dollar online?
Now if you’ve followed my progress for a while, then you know that I’m not sharing this success to boast. So why am I sharing it? I thought some of you would benefit from knowing the secret to achieving a ‘$100 day’…. or perhaps I should say, ‘my’ secret to achieving a ‘$100 day’. If that’s you then here goes…
The Big Secret… 🙂
You’ve probably heard it said many times that the first dollar earned online is the hardest dollar earned online. It’s true. This isn’t because it requires a genius to make it work. Anybody can do it. However, it does require knowing what to do and a lot of work to set up everything and, finally, doing the activities that will attract the right people to your offering. It’s your biggest learning curve and this is why it’s the most difficult dollar to earn.
Once you’ve successfully earned your first dollar, acquiring more prospects to purchase your offering or duplicating your activities with a different offering is a whole lot easier and takes far less time.
So the secret is this…
1. Find someone who is making money online and who will share the exact process they follow to achieve this with you. Now if you’re new to this, then you’re not looking for someone who will tell you what to do. You’re going to need someone who will show you how to do it so that you don’t spend unnecessary time trying to figure out the technical aspects of setting everything up.
2. Set out as much time as you can in your calendar to apply the things that you learn. The more time you can put aside to follow through on the activities you need to complete, the sooner you will start to earn money. If you don’t have much time, that’s fine. Just put aside what you can, but be consistent.
3. Set up little goals that you can achieve. Goals should be process driven. If your goal is to earn your first dollar online, then you’ll want to break that up into the activities that you need to complete in order to earn that first dollar. Unless you’re motivated by failure, you’ll want to make sure that your initial goals are small and easy enough to accomplish, so that these little achievements can motivate you to push ahead.
4. Be single-minded. Once you have found a proven process to follow, continue to do the necessary activities until it works for you. You are likely going to become frustrated with the things you don’t know or don’t understand along the way. There’s a real chance that you will second-guess what you’re doing. When this happens, you’re inevitably going to stumble upon ‘shiny objects’ that ‘guarantee’ that you’ll make money online in no time at all if you just ‘buy now and follow these easy steps’. It doesn’t matter what you buy, making moeny online is going to require some good work and commitment. See it through.
5. Have a heart for people, not money. This may sound like a contradiction, because Internet Marketing is all about making money online. I’m often asked by people why I do certain things for other people (or companies in the case of my SEO business) without charging for it. Now don’t be misled, I do charge for products and services, but there are often cases where I will provide a service that people would pay for, at no cost. When I reply that I do it to earn more money later, I receive blank stares. But I learned a long time ago that people are not easily deceived. They will quickly see if you are more interested in their success or in taking their money. If they know that you’re more interested in their money, they will not trust you, even if your product or service offers them a perfect solution for their problem. However, if you are truly more interested in helping them, they will see this and trust you. Then, when they have a need that your product or service can meet, they will be more than happy to trade their money for your product or service.
So there you have it; my secret to achieving my first $100 day. If you were hoping for a quick fix then I apologise.
If you are somewhere on this road already and you have a proven process to follow, then I encourage you to continue in your journey until you see the fruit of your labour.
If you are yet to start your journey or you’re trying this and that, but have no proven process to follow, then your first priority should be to find someone that is making money online and who will show you how to do the same. Then take action and apply the processes until your achieve your goals.
Finally, if you’re new to this and you don’t know where to find a proven course that you can follow, why not sign up to my course on the top right of this page. It is a ‘look-over-my-shoulder-and-follow-along’ type course that will show you what to do in great detail. I plan to sell once it is complete, but if you sign up before I complete it, you can work through the entire course for free.
I leave you with this final encouragement: Do the things today that others are not prepared to do, and one day you will not need to do the things that others have to do.